LBC provides a Building Control service to both companies and the general public (home-owners, agents, architects and builders).
The Building Regulations apply to most building work, therefore it is important to know when approval is needed. LBC as a Corporate Approved Inspector will be able to establish whether building control approval will be required for your particular project – please call or email to discuss your proposals.
A Building Control Body’s function is not that of a site supervisor, but we are required to have an educated and critical eye to ensure that work taking place is in accordance with the building regulations; clients are therefore advised to employ their own architect or agent to oversee the work on their behalf. In addition you should bear in mind that the building work may require planning permission and you should consult with your Local Authority Planning Department for advice.
Now you can choose whether to use Local Authority Building Control or London Building Control Ltd.
- We operate across the south of England, from the South Coast, London and up to the Midlands, the North and Wales, with offices in London, Manchester, Welwyn Garden City, Chichester and Exeter.
- Our main client base is made up by working directly with architects, agents, builders, developers and householders.
- Our aim is to provide you with a helpful approach to building control, getting away from unnecessary bureaucracy, so that you can concentrate on the job in hand
- This means that our service is fast, efficient and helpful.
Please take a look at our Partners page for other services which you may require to assist you with achieving Building Regulation compliance:
- Fire Engineering Solutions/reports
- Acoustic Testing
- Air Testing
- Energy Assessments (SAPs, EPCs, SBEMs)
- Sustainable Homes
Please call us to to discuss your proposal, or fill in our online building control fee enquiry